1. 如何到达：How to Get to University
Soochow University has five campuses and two separate colleges. The International Office is located in Yiyuan Building main campus. When you get to the gate of main campus on 333 Ganjiang Road, walk along the main road. After 700 meters or so and you will find Yiyuan Building on the right side.
1. How to Get to University
Suzhou railway station is about 9 km from the main gate on 333 Ganjiang Road, Suzhou North railway station is around 25 km, you may take
• Metro line 2 from railway station to Guangji Road, transfer to line 1 and take off at Xiangmen Station. Walk out from exit 1 and you can see main gate on the right side.
Note! Ticket prices range from 2 to 6 RMB (1 US dollar) depending on the distance. But transfer between Line 1 and Line 2 at Guangji Road Station, Xingtang Street Station, Zhongnan Street Station and High Speed Railway Station will cost more, but within 7 RMB.
• Taxi: It will cost you around 25 RMB from the Suzhou railway station and 50 RMB from Suzhou North railway station to the university.
Shanghai Pudong International airport is about 150 km to the university, you may take
• Airport shuttle bus at the long distance bus station east side of B1 floor, off at Times Square in SIP and then take a cab for 25-30 RMB to the dormitory located on 50 Donghuan Road east campus or office building (Yiyuan Building) main campus.
• Taxi or Pick up service: around 600 RMB for a car to pick you up at the airport and send you to the university directly.
Shanghai Hongqiao airport is closer to Suzhou city. You can take metro to Hongqiao railway station and take the train to Suzhou railway station, and then get to University by metro or taxi.
（1）On campus residence:
Students should submit a copy of picture page and current visa page of the passport to the office and Pay for accommodation with Chinese debit card (union pay). Cash is only acceptable on the day of registration. Buy student canteen card (20RMB) and beddings (400-500RMB) at the front desk of the dormitory if needed.
Where you pick up your key you can obtain your account and password for internet access and you will be allowed 200 hours of free internet service per month.
（2）Off campus residence:
After students find an apartment and sign the contract, come to international students’ office and fill in the application form for the residence off campus with detailed address and contact number. With passport and contract, students should register in the local police of the residence within 24 hours.
Notes：International students can stay in the international student’s dormitory in east campus or in Dushu Lake campus. Self-supported students can also live off campus. However, according to regulations all students must register at their local police dispatch station within 24 hours entering into China. Here we remind everyone, when living off campus you must be sure that the source of information on your housing is reliable, and that rent procedures are completed according to legal regulations. Students must register residence at local police every time they leave and enter China again.